- Jack Johnson releases a new song + tour!
- The Griswolds announce new tour!
- The Griswolds 2nd album is here!
- New Found Glory finished recording their new album
- Set times for the #i99AcousticSessionSeries
- PHOTOS: The Joy Formidable at the Electric Factory
- PHOTOS: The Arkells at Electric Factory
- PHOTOS: Kongos at Electric Factory
- Songs You’ll Love During October 2016
- Artists To Watch: Trails and Ways’ New Album “Own It” Availible NOW
The Killers have started recording their fifth album
- Updated: September 14, 2016
The Killers have begun recording their fifth studio album.
The Las Vegas band started sessions in their hometown a few days ago (September 9).
Drummer Ronnie Vannucci Jr. told DIY last Wednesday (September 7): “We go into the studio two days from now. On the ninth [September], we start on the ninth.”
He continued: “We’ll see what happens. We’ve been working with different people and seeing how it feels, and we’re starting to work with another person now. I don’t know if we wanna reveal who that is.”
The drummer said he expected the sessions to be “surprising” because “when we get in [the studio] we come at it from one direction, and then it’ll go another direction“.
Vannucci Jr. also addressed rumors about the group working with Elton John. “I think that’s what they are – just rumors. ”
“First of all it would be great to work with Elton John,” he said. “But we haven’t done anything beside the Christmas song [‘Joseph, Better You Than Me’] with him. That would be awesome to work with him, especially in a songwriting capacity… that dude is no joke when it comes to writing songs. That would be fun, but that is just a rumor. A nice rumor, I suppose!”
The album will be the band’s first since 2012’s .